Adaptive Protocols and Practical Strategies for the Use of Novel Anticoagulation Reversal Agents
Live Grand Rounds Series
Physicians, pharmacists, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, and other healthcare professionals who manage patients who are taking anticoagulation therapy, and who may require reversal agents for direct oral anticoagulants to address acute bleeding complications.
At the conclusion of this application-based activity, participants will be able to:
- Identify patient groups who are at risk for experiencing emergent or life-threatening bleeding as a result of anticoagulation therapy.
- Assess the risk for emergent or life-threatening bleeding in patients who require anticoagulation therapy and appraise current recommendations for managing bleeding complications.
- Explore the novel pharmacology and clinical utility of available specific anticoagulation reversal agents.
- Develop treatment strategies and institution-specific protocols based on clinical evidence for recently approved anticoagulation reversal therapies to promote patient access and effective management of acute major bleeding.
In support of improving patient care, Creative Educational Concepts is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
ICPE Credit: This activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners will receive 1 hour of Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credit for learning and change.
CEC designates this live educational activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This application-based activity is approved for 1.0 contact hour (.10 CEUs) of continuing pharmacy education credit (JA0007101-0000-19-014-L01-P)
This activity is designated for 1.0 contact hour.
Learners are advised that accredited status does not imply endorsement by the provider or ANCC of any commercial products displayed in conjunction with an activity.
Physician Assistants (AAPA)
Creative Educational Concepts has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 1.0 AAPA Category 1 CME credits. PAs should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
Upon completion of a CE request form, statements of credit for physicians, physician assistants, and nurses will be issued within 30 business days. Pharmacy credit will be reported directly to the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy® NABP® CPE Monitor electronic CE tracking system.
- 1.00 AANP Contact Hours
- 1.00 AAPA Category I CME
- 1.00 ACPE Pharmacy
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™